Monday, October 12, 2009

Long Week

I have sat down to try to write this post several times over the past week and for some reason I just couldn't. This was my first full week back to work and I have just been exhausted. Not to mention the fact that I came across a blog that just brought me to tears several times this weekend (ask my husband) and I have spent the entire weekend giving my little girl extra love because of it. I was so overcome with her story and her faith in God and for some reason I just couldn't stop reading. If you would like to read her story, go here

We have been busy this past week adjusting to our new schedule. I have so much respect for working mothers and I honestly don't know how I will be able to continue to work if/when we have another child. It is so hard. You have to think about 12 steps ahead of yourself in order for everything to run smoothly and if you forget one little thing, it can throw the whole day off. I get up at 5:15-5:30AM, pump, shower/get ready, get Emmie and all her stuff loaded in the car, drop her off at the babysitter and make it to work by 7:30AM. It is rough and I spend my entire day thinking about her and longing to hold her again. I have been extra clingy to her lately and I'm not really sure why. I keep having these feelings the way I did when they took her to Presby and she was in the NICU for 2 weeks without me. I just keep feeling like I'm leaving her and something is going to happen to her and I won't be there. Please pray that these awful feelings subside...I just want to enjoy my little girl!

We had Emmie's 2 month well check on Thursday and she also had to get her first round of shots, which I was so scared of! She did great, only cried for a second and then slept most of the night. Here we are wating on the doctor...

She weighed 12 pounds 1 ounce and was 22 1/4 inches long! She is growing so fast.

Emmie went to church for the first time last Sunday, however, we did NOT make it to church yesterday.  It is so hard to get up and everything ready for her and all of us out the door and to church on time!  Plus she was up a little more than usual Saturday night so I didn't hear the alarm go off.  We are trying really hard to make it on Sundays and also to get quicker at getting out the is an adjustment.    Here she is in her little dress for church.  She slept in her carseat the whole time.

I've been slow to post these last several days (obviously).  I'm going to try my best to update this blog at least twice a week.  I was also nominated for a little blog award ("Your blog is fabulous") by sweet Jackie at lymib which makes me so happy but sad that it was almost 2 weeks ago and I haven't had  a chance to play along yet!  Thanks Jackie!  Hope to post a catch up post with some recipes shortly.

1 comment: