Thursday, April 22, 2010

How I Met My Hubby

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

I'm so excited to finally be able to participate in one of Kelly's "Show Us Your Life" posts!  I've been waiting on one that I can participate in and also have the time to post about, so here we go...

My husband Shannon and I have known each other since middle school and went to the same high school as well.  Shannon was much more "promiscuous" than I was in high school.  He dated around....a lot.  And I was more of a nerd, really just wanting to make good grades so I could get into college.  We both were in serious relationships all throughout high school, never quite making our way to each other.  I left for college at North Carolina State University and a year later he graduated and went to the opposite end of the state at Western Carolina University.  In the summer of 2004, I had broken things off with my boyfriend and he had done the same with his girlfriend. We somehow found our way to each other and fell really hard.  We started dating on July 28, 2004.  (Our first daughter was born exactly 5 years later!).
We continued to date long distance for the next 2 years and when I graduated from college in 2006, I made the decision to continue my education at Western Carolina University, to get my masters. 
We had so much fun together at WCU and really spent that time together "growing up". 

On December 18, 2006 (Shannon's parent's wedding anniversary), Shannon asked me to marry him and of course I said yes.
We were married on May 31st, 2008 and have been living happily ever after since then! 

We have been through so much together.  I was so attracted to Shannon's charm, bright eyes and generous heart.  He is probably the funniest/wittiest person I know.  And he gave me a precious daughter that looks just like him! 
I love you very much! 

Tiffany

6 comments:

  1. thank you! We had awesome photographers! (Kristen and Aaron Byrum)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that even though you went to the same high school and didn't date then, you still wound up together. How fun that you can say you've known him since middle school! And just letting you know I found your blog through Kelly's Korner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoshanah...haha..I know! Every time someone asks, I feel like I always have to say, well we weren't together in high school, as if being together in high school and making it to marriage would have been a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your story and your pictures....just became a follower of your blog....
    Happy Sunday. I have a few hours to blog hop ......so glad that I stopped here....Be sure and stop by and read about a miracle in our family....
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-think-god-smiled.html
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Teresa! and thanks for following! I will check out your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete