Thursday, July 29, 2010

1 year!

Emmie Lane turned 1 yesterday!  I cannot believe that this time last year I was snuggling a new born baby.  I also cannot believe that Shannon and I were preparing to lead our baby into surgery.  I'm still having a hard time grasping the magnitude of what happened with her and how far we have come since that surgery.  I think back to Ephesians 3:20 and how this verse speaks to me so clearly:

"He is able to do immeasurably more than all we could ask or imagine".  Amen for that!  I feel so blessed and humbled...this verse got me through a lot during that time. 


We are planning to celebrate Em's first year of life on Saturday with lots of friends and family.  I can not wait!  I have been party planning for literally 2 months and I want everything to be just perfect for her.  I know that she doesn't know and she won't remember, but I will and I want her to be able to look back and see how loved she is!  She is into everything and is developing quite the personality.  Here's what she's up to:

-walking everywhere
-says "uh-oh", "yes" and "this"
-dancing like a fool
-wears size 12-18 months and size 4 diapers
-eating 3 meals a day plus snacks and still taking 3 bottles (we will be working on the transitition to whole milk in sippys next week...say a prayer!)
-puts her hand to her ear to "answer the phone" when we say hello
-her favorite food is blueberries..she will eat all of them off her plate first
-still only has 2 little teeth
-just got back from her first real vacation at the beach for a whole week


Emmie, we love you so very much!  You are such a blessing to our lives.  I can't wait for you to grow up so I can tell you all about what happened when you first came into our lives.  You are our little miracle!

Love Always, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment