Monday, May 2, 2011

11 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 11 weeks
Size of baby: small lime
Total Weight Gain/Loss: gained 1 pound (lost 2 since last visit)
Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing my regular clothes with the belly band and a few maternity clothes that were size small from Emmie
Gender: ???
Movement: none...it's way too early!
Sleep: sleeping a little better
What I miss: a full night's sleep without having to wake up to pee
Cravings:  firecracker Popsicles, Quiznos
Symptoms: my nausea has gotten way better but it is still there from time to time and I can't really pinpoint anything that brings it on. 
Best Moment this week: Going to a family baby shower and getting really excited about this baby!

I had to do a 24 hour urine test and had a MAJOR traumatic blood draw this morning.  If you know me then you know how much I hate needles, specifically blood draws (shots don't bother me and blood doesn't bother me).  I thought I had somewhat gotten over this fear from the last pregnancy because I was such a trooper the whole time...and trust me I was poked a lot.  However, this morning the nurse didn't tell me how much blood she was drawing (because she knows I freak out) and it took forever and I have a nice little bruise and sore arm.  It was seriously 6 or 7 vials.    at 8 am.  before breakfast.  I survived!

1 comment:

  1. that's a ton of blood! wow, hopefully you won't have to get any more drawn for a very long while;) congrats on the baby too! exciting!

    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete