Thursday, September 24, 2009

This and That



Not too much going on around here, just enjoying my last few days with my precious daughter before I have to go back to work.  Yesterday Shan, Emmie and I went to dinner with Shan's parents at Ruby Tuesday.  We all got the same thing, the peppercorn sirloin and it was pretty good!  I'll be honest Emmie and I haven't really gotten out too much lately.  It is just really hard sometimes to get her and myself ready and all of her stuff and get out the door, not to mention the fact that I can't really leave for longer than 3-4 hours because I have to pump.  Yes I am still breastfeeding.  Well, exclusively pumping andt it is really hard but I am determined to keep it up at least until Emmie is 6 months old.  I have seriously considered quitting several times, just ask my husband, but everytime I do I somehow get the motivation to keep doing it.  My supply dropped the last time Emmie was in the hospital, probably because I wasn't pumping as much as I do at home and also because I wasn't drinking enough.  Anyway when that happened, it really scared me that I might not be able to do this much longer and give her what she needs.  I think since that happened I've been a lot better about staying on a pumping schedule and have actually been making more than she is eating, which is awesome!  Plus I know with Emmie's surgery the best thing for her right now is my milk!  (I know this is all TMI, but just keeping it REAL here).

So this is my best friend for now and hopefully for the next 5 months!  



These are my two babies!  We tried Emmie's bumbo seat out and she did pretty good with it!  My poor Bentley is so interested in her everytime he sees us so I thought I would prop her down there and let him have a good look at her.  He was trying to sniff her through the glass!  She was pretty interested in him as well.  I can't wait until she gets a little bigger and they can become best of friends.  Bentley is such a sweet boy, I know he will love her as much as I do!


Another shot of her bumbo!  Pretty good head control!




I took some pictures of Emmie yesterday and today in her crib and I'm gonna try to keep doing this.  Our stupid camera flashes a bazillion times and she blinks, but I think these are a few good ones of our little girl.




 
Little Miss Blue Eyes

We've got a busy but fun weekend planned!  Hopefully Emmie will let me get this house cleaned tomorrow morning while Shan is at work.  We are probably gonna go out with another couple tomorrow night who just had a baby 2 weeks before Emmie and we are expecting a few visitors on Saturday.  I might hit up another consignment sale or two.  What can I say, I'm hooked.  I'm off to bake some cookies for my hubby!  Emmie will be 2 months old on Monday and I can't wait to post about all the things she's been up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment