Sunday, September 27, 2009

Weekend Recap

On Friday Emmie went and hung out at her Nana and Poppi's so Shan and I could get some things done around the house. This was her first trip staying with them alone for any extended amount of time. Here she is getting ready to go. She doesn't look excited, but I think she did pretty good.  I know her grandparents were very happy to babysit for the first time!







Shan loading her in for a grandparent visit

Friday night we ordered pizza and had our friends Matt and Natalie over for dinner. They just had a baby boy, Logan, 3 weeks before Emmie so we figured it would be nice to have a little get together and introduce the two! I could kick myself for not getting any pictures of them together...two babies at once! 

Saturday I went consignment shopping at this place Once Upon A Child at the advice of Natalie and I found so much cute stuff for Emmie to wear this fall/winter!  I love a good sale.  I also did a little fall decorating around the house.



These are my glitter pumpkins from last year and they could really use a touch up.  I can't really see having time for that in the near future so they will have to do.




Here's my "mantle".  We don't have a real mantle so this little shelf kinda acts like one.  I'm not completely satisfied with it yet. It needs something else and I need to fix the ribbon hanging the wreath.  Suggestions?



Little something on the TV Stand.  Excuse the Bud commercial.  Haha.  I've got the fall scented candles going full blast too.  I really do love decorating for fall and the fall candles and warm fall recipes.

 

Today I made chicken casserole for Sunday dinner.   I've had a few people tell me that they are actually trying some of the recipes that I post so I'll keep doing it!  FYI:  I  always use fat free, light, reduced fat, low sodium, etc products in my recipes when I can unless I specify otherwise.  This is a VERY easy and QUICK recipe and it's good.

Chicken Casserole

2 Cups cooked chicken ( I normally cook my chicken overnight in the crockpot..makes this step sooo easy)
1/2 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 Cup chicken broth
2 cans cream of mushroom soup ( You could probably use only 1)
1/2 Cup sour cream
2 1/2 Cups pepperidge farm stuffing mix
2 Tbsp melted butter/margarine

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cook chicken and shred.  Lay in bottom of 13x9 cooking dish.  In separate bowl, mix ingredients.  Reserve 1/2 Cup pepperidge farm stuffing mix and melted butter.  Top chicken with mixture.  Sprinkle remaining stuffing mix on top and pour on melted butter.  Cook for 45 minutes or until it "sets".  Pair with some vegetables and you've got yourself a meal!

My baby is 2 months old tomorrow.  Look for her photo session!

No comments:

Post a Comment