Monday, March 8, 2010

Cheesy Enchiladas

I made Enchiladas for dinner tonight and I have made them a few times now and I think they get better each time.  I'm sorry to say that I did not take a picture but I think it's one of those dishes that tastes a lot better than it looks.  I took the original recipe and edited it to make it somewhat healthier.  This is a very simple dinner....Here's the recipe:

Cheesy Enchiladas
1 pound hamburger meat or shredded chicken
2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese ( I use low fat cheese)
1/2 C chopped onion
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
8-10 flour tortillas
1 Can Enchilada sauce
1/2 Cup salsa
sour cream (I use light or fat free if I can trick my husband)


Cook onions and brown beef or cook chicken.  Cook through and add 1 Cup shredded cheese to mixture.  Fill tortillas with meat/chicken mixture, roll up and arrange in 9x13 casserole dish.  Combine drained beans, enchilada sauce and salsa and pour over tortillas.  Make sure the liquid covers the tortillas or they will burn.  Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and cover with aluminum foil.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until everything is bubby.  Top with sour cream.  Easy peasy.   Enjoy!

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment