Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hello out there

Yes I am still alive.....

So my lack of blogging for the past, oh... 6 months can be attributed to several things.  I like lists, so I will list them for you:

1. I have an active 7 month old who thinks she is Houdini and will roll all over the place when you just sat her down 2 seconds ago.  I'm very tired.
2.  Our computer (my laptop) has been out of commission for a while now and we cannot afford to pay Best Buy the millions they want to fix it at the moment.  Yes we have other computers, but it's just not the same.
3.  I work full time and I am exhausted. 
4.  Things have been crazy busy in my life.

I get a lot out of blogging, and reading other people's blogs and have had many people tell me they love it when I post and blog and I should keep it up more.  It is something that I desperately want to try to be better at.  Not only to document Emmie's life and our life with her as it is now, but also because I just feel better when I write....I have always been like that.  There is a lot of pressure on moms and women in general, I think,...to be the best wife, the best mom, to wear the cutest outfits, to have the best hair, to be the smartest, to be successful, to make a lot of money, to dress the baby the cutest, to cook the best meals, to make sure that all the bills are paid, to catch up with friends, to update the blog, to make all the cute crafty things like a stay at home mom would do.....

Well, I am here to tell you, I can't do it all.  But I have tried.  

Please pray for me as I continue to figure out what God's plan is for my life.  It's time to give it up and just trust HIM.  This is so hard for me and everytime I think I have given it all up to him, He so quickly shows me that I haven't.  I so badly want to accomplish every goal I have set for myself....and many times I DO.  But with the newly added title, MOM, to my list of achievements, comes a responsibility that comes before all others.  And with that, some things get put to the side to make sure Emmie knows me for the great mom that I try to be to her.  I have read many a blog where something happens to the mom, healthwise, and children are left behind not knowing their mother.  I cannot imagine any worse fear than leaving my sweet Emmie and her daddy behind and not knowing if she would ever really "get" me and who I was. 
 
My uncle passed away last week after a short battle with pancreatic and liver cancer.  He left behind a 4 year old son.  Our family has come together like never before to support this young child.  It is such a reminder to live each day to the fullest because we are not guaranteed tomorrow.  Please keep him and my family in your prayers. 

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

On a happier note, I have been presented with a potential business opportunity that would not only be wonderful for our family, but would also hopefully give me more time at home and more time to catch up on my blog.  Please pray for direction for me in this as well.

 
 

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment